- Nowadays in many countries the proportion of older people is higher than that of younger people. Do you think this is a positive or a negative development?
- There are many different reasons that can keep a person in their workplace. Some believe that money is the main reason. To what extent do you agree with this statement?
- The traditional lifestyle of developing countries has been attracting an increasing number of tourists. As a side-effect this has been preventing the people in developing countries from adopting modern ways of living. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give your opinion and examples from personal experience.
- With the increasing number of people in cities, most do not know their neighbors and the sense of community is lost. What is causing this? How can we turn it around?
- Reducing global environmental damage should be handled by governments rather than individuals. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and provide relevant examples from your own experience.
- Some say the world would be a better place with fewer languages. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Mobile phones and the internet can be of great use for the elderly. In what ways do you think these can be helpful to them? How can they be encouraged to use this technology?
- Some say that reading newspapers and watching TV news is a waste of time, because it has no direct connection with people’s lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- The noise levels have impacted the quality of our life, what are the causes of this problem and what should be done to solve it?
- Some people think that government should spend money on other important subjects rather helping artists. Do you agree or disagree?
- Some people think that museums should entertain people, while others believe that the purpose of museums is to educate. Discuss both views and give you own opinion.
- Many people say that companies and private tour operators should pay the bills for cleaning up pollution, instead of the government. To what extent do you agree or disagree with that?
- Many experts hold the opinion that the increasing demand for oil and gas means people should look for new sources of energy for the future. Others feel that the damage to the land would be a major disadvantage of such search. What is your opinion? Explain and give reasons from your own experience.
- Nowadays we communicate less with our family members. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- There are companies that sponsor sports as a part of their advertising. Some people agree to this because it has a good effect on the world of sports, others disagree. Discuss and give your opinion.
Monday, September 10, 2012
Latest Writing Task-2 Questions
Latest Writing Tasks Asked In Recent Exams Over The World.
Hi, friends it's been a long time to see you all back but due to my too hectic schedule I hardly get time to be on this blog. Will be regularly giving updates very soon. Till that enjoy this.
I would like to invite all of you to post some of your answers of any of the above topic and I will check, evaluate and give possible band score with some suggestions.
Describe a custom from your country that you would like people from other countries to adopt. Explain your choice, using specific reasons and examples.
Custom means a traditional and widely accepted way of that is specific to a particular society, place, or time. Every nation has its own p...
Common connective words to be used in IELTS writing Familiarity with these words would be useful in all IELTS test modules. K...
When should people be made to retire? 55? 65? Should there be a compulsory retirement age? ---------------------------...
In the fight against crime, police forces and governments are increasingly using security cameras in public places. Some people are op...