- Before writing an essay you need understand what kind of essay you are asked and what shall you include in it or what shall u exclude from it. Herein I have given a brief introduction of three different types of essays generally asked in IELTS writing examination, with some suggested answers to start with.
For example : Traffic has become one of the major problems of every city nowadays. What do you think are the causes for this? what measures can you suggest to solve it?
- Why do think this happens?
- What are the reasons behind this?
- What will be the effects of this on society?
- What could be done to fight against this?
- What steps should be taken to prevent this situation?
- What solutions can you suggest ?
- You should keep in mind that this requires a general response, you don't need to write your personal bias your opinion for this. you just need discuss the required causes, consequences or solutions. And in conclusion you can highlight the main reason or solution what you personally think should be taken.
- Here you will be asked any social or any other kind of issue or phenomena and you are asked whether you agree with that or to what extent do you support it.
As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom." Do you agree or disagree?
Here you need to present your views on either side of the question. You can present some pros and cons of the trend and then give your own opinion in conclusion. But yes, keep in mind here you have to give your clear answer in conclusion , whether you agree, you disagree or up to what extent you support the given proposal.
- These kinds of essays can be asked in some other words like,
- To what extent do you agree with this?
- Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- Do you agree with this statement?